Book Lists For Teachers
– Canadian Children’s Book Centre Book lists
– Teachers Working Together: Favourite books to read aloud
– Lists from the Cooperative Children’s Book Center
– Teacher Choices from the International Literacy Association
– Notable children’s books, audio, and video from the Association for Library Services to Children
– Student recommendations from the Centre for Teaching and Learning
– Bank Street College of Education’s Book lists for children and their Best Books of the Year from the Bank Street Center for Children’s Literature (choose from the age ranges listed to the right) lists from previous years are also available
– Edmonton Public Schools’ review site of Aboriginal Resources and a General Collection of Great Reads.
– Great Reads book reviews by Edmonton Public Schools
– Teachingbooks.net has instructional materials to enliven your reading activities
– First Nations, Metis, and Inuit Materials
– Canadian Children’s Book Centre Resources for Teachers
– Book Trailers (like movie trailers but for books)
– Podcasts Professional development from reading experts
The purpose of READ IN is to create a greater awareness of the importance of reading. Historically, the event has successfully promoted the school as an important place for the development of lifelong literacy.