– Edmonton Public Library’s kids page
– Book lists organized by themes and interests, each one with a suggested reading level, from Reading Rockets
– Lists from the Cooperative Children’s Book Center
– Children’s Choices from the International Literacy Association
– 50 Of The Best Kids’ Books Published In The Last 25 Years
– Student recommendations from the Centre for Teaching and Learning
– Bank Street College of Education’s Book lists for children and their Best Books of the Year from the Bank Street Center for Children’s Literature (choose from the age ranges listed to the right) lists from previous years are also available
The purpose of READ IN is to create a greater awareness of the importance of reading. Historically, the event has successfully promoted the school as an important place for the development of lifelong literacy.